Easy-to-Make Chicken Pizza Crust
This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure here.
Do you ever check a recipe out and click out of it when you see a long list of ingredients?
I’m all about keeping things simple and ‘less is more.’ Even with writing recipe articles, I know that readers don’t want to scroll through paragraphs and paragraphs before finding the directions.
In fact, when I’m perusing through sites like Pinterest,
I immediately click on the ‘Jump to Recipe’ option. This is often because I’m either trying to put together a grocery list, or I’m in the middle of cooking and need the recipe or ingredients FAST. But I get it – look at me, I’m already digressing! Haha!
So when I come across a recipe that has just a few ingredients, you have my attention. Sure, sometimes it’s too good to be true, but why not give it a shot?
That’s what happened when I saw a quick video for a pizza crust made with chicken. Seems a bit weird from the doughy pizza crust we all know and love, I know. Although it took a little time to figure out the specific amounts and times from just watching the video, I’m so glad I gave it a try!
- 20oz Canned Chicken, Drained
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Toppings of Choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a pizza pan by covering it with parchment paper and spraying it with cooking oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the toppings.
- Mix together with a fork, breaking up the chicken so there are no large clumps.
- Once everything is evenly mixed, place the entire amount onto the prepared pizza pan.
- Spread the mixture out into the desired shape. Try to get it about 1/4 to a 1/2 inch thick; the thinner the better.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven, add any sauce and toppings.*
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until it’s the desired brownness.
- Remove from the oven, and let it cool for 1-2 minutes. Slice with a pizza cutter.
For my toppings in these photos,
I chose a white alfredo sauce and added dollops of basil pesto. I simply spread it out along the entire crust as I would with any pizza sauce. I then topped it with shredded mozzarella and bacon that I crisped up beforehand in the oven. I sprinkled the top with Italian seasoning, salt, and cracked black pepper.
Another time, I topped the chicken crust with a homemade marinara sauce that I had leftover from a meal I made earlier in the week. I then topped with sliced buffalo mozzarella and Italian seasoning. Once baked and removed from the oven, I topped with fresh basil. This version is very similar to a chicken parmesan dish that you might make with fried chicken cutlets; consider it a healthier option. 🙂
Do you feel like you want to keep things a bit more traditional?
Top with your favorite pizza sauce and add pepperoni, mushrooms, and maybe some onions!
As you can see, the crust is a blank slate and you can make the pizza into whatever you’d like. Enjoy!
Need another family-friendly recipe option? Check out this Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets Recipe!