Stats on Women’s Holiday Spending
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read full disclosure here. Thank you!
Do we really want to know what these stats are? Haha! It’s quite interesting for sure and I thought I would share with you the verdict…
Women who are planning on spending more on Christmas gifts this year will be able to do so without guilt as they have planned and saved properly prior to the season. Excellent news right? Do you fall into this category?
For women who are looking to spend a little less this year on Christmas gifts it is because they are not making as much as they used to. Maybe they took a pay cut or quit their job completely.
Where will the hard-working woman’s money be going to this year? Check this out:
• The majority of women plan to donate to charity over the December holiday (73%)
• Most (46%) plan to give $100-$499 to charity
• Most women (48%) plan to stay at home
• Of those who are planning to travel, most are doing so to see family
• The most commonly reporter budget range for holiday travel costs is $100-$499, though over half of women traveling will spend upwards of $500
• 59% of women plan to spend $500 or more on holiday gifts
• 41% plan to limit themselves to an under-$500 budget
• 94% are not planning on making a ‘major’ holiday purchase this year (car, jewelry, etc.)
• More than any other product category, 58% plan to buy electronics
• Women are much more likely to purchase something made in America now than before the economic crisis*
Christmas Clubs & Layaway
• 10% of women still contribute to a ‘Christmas Club’ or dedicated holiday spending savings account; 90% do not
• 94% will not use layaway services
Taking on Debt
• The vast majority of women are not willing to take on debt for holiday spending
• Most women still plan to cook for their Thanksgiving meal, and spend $50-$99
• 69% are not planning on traveling
• 72% of women do not plan to go shopping on Black Friday, compared to 79% of men
New Year’s Eve
• 91% of women will spend less than $200 on New Year’s Eve celebrations, with most costs going toward food
“This research is based upon Spectrem’s Millionaire Corner monthly research with investors. It includes responses from approximately 1,400 households per month which are proportionately allocated among wealth segments used in the analysis. Media are encouraged to pull appropriate statistics for their individual holiday stories.”
One thought on “Stats on Women’s Holiday Spending”
You Are Invited
Saturday Super Sale – Michigan Arts Crafts Show
Location Location Location Laurel Park Place Mall 37700 West Six Mile Road, Livonia, MI
Saturday March 8, October 11, 2014 9:30am-6pm
Sell your products, services or promote your business
Laurel Park Place Mall shoppers come to spend money.
Promote your business here.
FREE LUNCH Hundreds of shoppers swarming all vendor tables
Michigan Art Craft Décor Gifts Hats Jewelry & more, Saturday Super Sale began in Novi, Michigan as a means to support the entrepreneurial spirit of people with disabilities in our community.
People with disabilities, handicapped and veterans are often not afforded equal employment opportunities and begin a micro-enterprise business selling hand crafted items including: ceramics, décor, gifts, jewelry, t-shirts and many other products.
There are few affordable locations for these artisans to sell their creations to the community and those are generally provided by disability provider agencies. This limits the goal of having a micro-enterprise provide a valued identity in the community at large. Saturday Super Sale provides an inclusive community setting to showcase the abilities and self-determination of people with disabilities, handicapped and veterans.
Everyone in Michigan is invited to exhibit a micro-enterprise and sell their hand crafted items.
SaturdaySuperSale.com Michigan Art Craft Décor Gifts Hats Jewelry Shirts & more
• Promote Michigan hand crafted products
• Supports people with disabilities, handicapped, veterans
FREE LUNCH = 30 Gift Cards Laurel Park Place Restaurants
Saturdays: March 8, October 11, 2014 Laurel Park Place Mall 37700 West Six Mile-Livonia
FREE LUNCH Shoppers enter online or get FREE LUCKY TICKETS at all vendor tables.
No purchase required, winning email or lucky ticket numbers on table signs at all tables in Laurel Park Place Mall, March 8 and October 11, 2014 only.
Sponsor people with disabilities, handicapped and veterans to sell their products at these events. Agencies, local businesses and care providers are requested to be a sponsor to allow these people to exhibit their items at Laurel Park Place Mall. Promote your business with a table at these events.
Promote your business and sponsor people with disabilities inside Laurel Park Place.
Food Court: 4 foot table, chair, tablecloth provided at both events in 2014.
Sponsor 1 person, family, friend, neighbor, church member, co-worker, or a local agency can invite someone. Sponsor $100 to attend March 8 & October 11, 2014
Sponsor 2 people, sponsor $250 to attend March 8 & October 11, 2014
Businesses: 4 foot table in Food Court and Carson’s Court, promote your company
Sponsor 7 artist, crafters, vendors to attend. $500 to attend March 8 & October 11, 2014
This sponsor will be provided a table at Food Court and Carson’s Court