Serenading Your Valentine in 6 Easy Tips
Have you ever heard of Voice Lessons to Go? Ariella Vaccarino, the creator, has put together tips for serenading your Valentine…..the old fashioned way.
Here are those 6 tips for pulling off a great serenade:
1. Be sincere- Don’t make a joke out of your serenade. Give it 110%. That way your Valentine doesn’t have to feel insecure about getting all googly and melty in response to it. If you think it’s a joke, it won’t be romantic and come off insincere. Sing from your heart and be honest with your emotions.
2. Pick a great song– Whether you write the song or sing someone elses tune, make sure your song choice fits with your voice and is appropriate with the Valentine’s Day theme. Feel free to personalize a song that is all ready written by adding your Valentine’s name or any other bits of info he/she will like.
3. Pick a great location– If your Valentine is the shy type, don’t bring out the ukulele in front of all her/his friends- keep the performance private so that he/she can relish the moment without feeling self conscience. On the other hand, if she/he is really comfortable in public, see if you can get hold of a microphone at a big event you are taking him/her to…and sing away!
4. Organize your accompaniment– Whether it is to be sung acapella (without music accompaniment), with a banjo, or a chamber orchestra, figure it out. Maybe you know someone who can play for you while you sing if you can’t pick up a guitar yourself. If not, you can always sing to a karaoke cd.
5. Memorize the piece– You should spend your time looking into your Valentine’s eyes, not glued to notes or lyrics on a piece of paper. You don’t want to miss their reaction.
… And finally as always...
6. Make sure you warm-up your voice beforehand so that you can give the best possible performance. You’ll only get one shot to melt his/her heart with your song. Make sure you are singing with a clear tone and not warming up and clearing your voice throughout your performance, be ready!
About Voice Lessons To Go
Founded in 2004 by Ariella Vaccarino, “Voice Lessons To Go” offers quality vocal training products at an affordable price for both the professional and aspiring vocalist. Ms. Vaccarino is an accomplished Opera singer, has performed on numerous movie soundtracks, and has been teaching voice and piano for over 20 years in the Los Angeles area. For more information about “Voice Lessons To Go” or Ms. Vaccarino, please visit voicelessonstogo.com.
Credit: Ariella Vaccarino, creator of Voice Lessons to Go™ voicelessonstogo.com