#RedGoldTomatoes Summer Grillin’ Giveaway Ends July 22nd
Summer is literally upon us and so is grilling time! Red Gold Tomatoes is once again encouraging home chefs to grill with its tomatoes grown on family farms with a special promotion.
For their third year, Red Gold will be hosting its popular Red Gold Summer Grillin’ Party that runs June 24th – July 22nd on their Facebook page. Red Gold will give away a Large Big Green Egg grill each week, as well as 800 insulated tote bags.
Interesting Red Gold Tomatoes History:
At Red Gold, they have four generations of goodness grown right into their tomatoes. That’s because they’ve been family owned and operated since the day Grover Hutcherson bought and restored a fire-damaged cannery to help feed the U.S. Army after the bombing of Pearl Harbor. The Red Gold story is not only unique, it’s truly inspiring.
Red Gold has been working with local family farmers for over 70 years to grow the best tasting tomatoes in the world. Why? Because they’re a family business and supporting other local family businesses is important to them. Over the years, they’ve grown from working with just a few family farms to over 50 across three states: Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. In fact, some of these growers have been with them for over 30 years.
Here’s a grillin’ recipe to get the summer started off right with Red Gold Tomatoes:
Grilled Cheesesteak Pizza
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, roasted, or can use jarred
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes, drained and 2 tablespoons reserved
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 ounces Laura’s Lean Beef Sirloin Steak, cooked and thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package pizza dough, your favorite recipe or store bought
- 2 tablespoon Red Gold® Tomato Paste
- 2 ounce provolone cheese, shredded
- 2 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded (low-fat suggested)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
• Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook red bell pepper, onions and tomatoes together until onions are soft. Sprinkle with oregano and set aside.
• Grill or cook steak to a medium temperature. When finished cooking, slice the steak into thin pieces.
• Divide pizza dough in half and roll each half out into a circle, getting it as thin as possible. Heat grill to high. Make sure grill rack is clean and gently lay each crust onto the grill rack. Cook about 1 to 2 minutes per side depending on grill temperature. Use tongs to flip and cook each side of each crust. If bubbles appear, just prick the dough bubble and keep cooking.
• Spread 1 tablespoon of paste on each crust. Divide and top each pizza with the tomato mixture, beef and cheese. Carefully return pizza to grill, lower heat and close grill lid. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes until cheese is melted. Keep close watch on pizzas, moving them away from the hotspot on your grill if crust is getting to toasty. If you like a little bit of char on the bottom of the pizza – this is what gives it some authentic flavor.
• Sprinkle with the ¼ cup tomatoes that were set aside along with the fresh parsley. Serve Immediately.
Try Red Gold Tomatoes today and don’t forget to enter the Giveaway!
For more information about Red Gold Tomatoes or the giveaway, visit Red Gold Tomatoes today.