Star Line Mackinac Island Hydro-Jet® Ferry Announces New Labor Day Departures to Help with Mackinac Bridge Closing and Extended Fall Ferry Service
What: Star Line Mackinac Island Hydro-Jet® Ferry has announced they will be the only ferry service offering departures from their Mackinaw City docks with service directly to St. Ignace to ensure convenient commute options given the Mackinac Bridge will be closed on Labor Day from 6:30 a.m. to noon for the 2017 Annual Bridge Walk participants and St. Ignace workers. On that day, two early morning departures will run from the Mackinaw City dock and travel to St. Ignace at 6:30 a.m. and then again at 7 a.m., making it easy for those who want to leave their vehicle in Mackinaw City and participate in the Annual Bridge Walk that starts in St. Ignace. And, there will be an extra departure taking passengers from Mackinac Island to St. Ignace at 6 a.m. that day. Star Line has also announced that for the first time ever they will extend the fall schedule of their ferry boats through November 12, an additional two weeks past the usual season end date. For photos and videos, click here.
Who: To accommodate for northern Michigan’s fall outdoor recreational events and travelers, 12 passenger departure options will be available during the weekdays and up to 16 departure options during the weekends, starting at the end of September. Passengers can look forward to family pass packages and additional routes this Labor Day and during the fall season, including:
· Family Pass Packages: 3 Adult Express Pass Round-Trip for $66; 2 Adults, 1 Child Express Pass Round-Trip for $56; or 2 Adults, 2 Children Express Pass Round-Trip for $68
· Special Labor Day departures for the 2017 Annual Bridge Walk will run at 6:30 and 7 a.m., taking passengers from Mackinaw City to St. Ignace. Another departure will occur at 6 a.m. for passengers going from Mackinac Island to St. Ignace
· Star Line will offer four departures and four arrivals every day between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. during their fall season which, for the first time, will run through November 12, 2017
· The Good Fortune Pirate Ship’s excursions will run on weekends following Labor Day weekend through September 30
Why: Jerry Fetty, CEO of Star Line Mackinac Island Hydro-Jet® Ferry, said, “Our new fleet has been well-received by passengers this summer and we wanted to provide more opportunities to create memories and see the beauty of Northern Michigan in the fall.” Star Line Mackinac Island Hydro-Jet® Ferry has had a long history of ferrying dignitaries, islanders, visitors and goods to Mackinac Island. For historical background, click here.
When: Friday, September 1, through Monday, September 4, 2017
Where: Star Line Mackinac Island Hydro Jet® Ferry:
· St. Ignace Dock: 587 North State Street, St. Ignace, MI 49781
· Mackinaw City Dock: 801 South Huron Avenue, Mackinaw City, MI 49701
About Star Line Mackinac Island Hydro-Jet® Ferry:
Star Line Mackinac Island Hydro-Jet® Ferry was established 1978 in St. Ignace, Michigan and has been ferrying families and islanders from Mackinaw City and St. Ignace to Mackinac Island for 39 years. The company is best known for their high-speed hydro-jet rooster tail boats, family-friendly atmosphere, most frequent number of trips to and from Mackinac Island and underneath the Mackinac Bridge. In addition to the Arnold Line assets that Star Line purchased in 2016, Star Line’s ferry boats include the Mackinac Express catamaran, Marquette II, Radisson, Cadillac, Joliet, LaSalle, and Anna May. For more information, visit their website, Facebook or Instagram, or click here for photos.
*Logo provided by Star Line Mackinac Island Hydro-Jet® Ferry