Low Carb Pepperoni Chip Recipe
While trying to follow a flexible low-carb diet, one of the things I find most challenging is the lack of crunchy foods. No potato chips, tortilla chips, pita chips, or basically anything that includes “chip” in its name means there is very little that you can have for that crispy, salty snack. This is a great alternative, and although it’s not a perfect chip, it is crunchy and can hold most dips. It also matches well with cheese slices or can be added to a charcuterie board as a cracker substitute.
This is seriously one of the easiest recipes ever. These turkey pepperoni chips are simple, quick, and the perfect little snack that won’t leave you feeling guilty. I use pre-packaged turkey pepperoni. You can also use regular pepperoni, but they do cook differently because they contain more oil. If you use regular pepperoni, you’ll want to play around with times, using this recipe as a template.
The biggest challenge that I have with these pepperoni chips is that they never last long. My children can easily devour them, and I try to shoo them away whenever I make the chips. Somehow, the kids always come around and grab a handful before I can stop them. I can easily make one package of turkey pepperoni chips for a single sitting. If there are ever leftovers, it’s because I am home alone! Try these – you’ll wonder why you never thought of making them before!
- Turkey Pepperoni, Pre-Sliced
- Cover a microwave-safe plate with a paper towel.
- Lay turkey pepperonis in one layer. Cover with another piece of paper towel.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Of course, times may vary according to the microwave.
- Remove the plate from the microwave and immediately pat with the top paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Remove the chips from the paper towel and separate them. Let cool.
- Serve with your favorite dip, cheese slices, or a warm marinara sauce topped with parmesan cheese.