Spicy Korean Beef Tacos Recipe
Photo Credit: Alison Catone
This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure here.
Lately, we’ve been getting chuck roast, which is great for stews. It’s a fattier cut, so it’s perfect for slow-cooking because it stays tender. However, we wanted to try something different than stew. Of course, tacos are always a hit, so when I saw an Asian-inspired recipe, I thought it was a great one to tweak to our liking.
is a Korean ingredient that adds a subtle heat, similar to the popular sriracha that we see all over the place these days. Another important ingredient in this taco mixture is ginger. Ideally, fresh ginger is the best, but I love to get the tube of ginger (located in the dry goods or produce aisles at the grocery store) because it’s easy to store and use with just a squeeze.
We like to mix sriracha with mayonnaise
to drizzle on top of the tacos. You can drizzle with just plain sriracha too, adding a bit more heat to the meal. If you’re following a low-carb diet, I recommend making a Spicy Korean Beef Taco bowl with cauliflower rice like I did. It’s so good! Enjoy!
- 2 – 3 lbs Chuck Roast
- 1 Large Onion
- 1/2 Beef Broth (or water with beef bouillon cube)
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Gochujang Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Ginger Paste or Grated Ginger
- 1/2 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1/2 Tsp White Pepper
- Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- Green Onions, Sliced
- Lime Wedges
- Cole Slaw, Optional
- Sour Cream, Optional
- Red Onion, Optional
- Sriracha Mayo, Optional
- Cut the chuck roast in 4-6 large chunks and add them to an Instant Pot.
- Chop the large onion and place it into the Instant Pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the cilantro and green onions, into an Instant Pot. Set lime wedges aside.
- Place the lid onto the Instant Pot and lock it.
- Set the Instant Pot to Low Pressure for 2 hours and allow it to start.
- After 2 hours, Quick Release and remove the lid.
- Using 2 forks, shred the beef and stir. Set the Instant Pot to Sauté to reduce the liquid. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Set to Warm.
- Warm a few corn tortillas in a hot pan or skillet.
- Top the corn tortillas with shredded beef, green onions, and cilantro. Squeeze lime juice on top before serving.
- Top with other options like coleslaw, sour cream, red onion, and sriracha mayo.