Make the Season Bright with Wild Lights at the Detroit Zoo!
Logo Courtesy of Wild Lights Detroit Zoo.
Tickets on sale now for annual holiday light festival!
Wild Lights at the Detroit Zoo is back and bigger than ever this holiday season – and it’s the perfect place for guests of all ages to build on magical memories or make some brand-new ones! ‘
Presented by Strategic Staffing Solutions, this highly anticipated event kicks off Friday, Nov. 24, continuing its annual tradition of awing visitors with millions of twinkling holiday lights and hundreds of unique, expertly designed sculptures and displays.
“Wild Lights is an unparalleled tradition for many metro Detroiters,” said Emily O’Hara, senior manager of guest experience design. “What makes Wild Lights so magical is that the layout is different every year. This year’s event is bringing back many fan-favorite features and introducing some new and enhanced attractions that are sure to spread the holiday cheer.”
Highlights of the 2023 Wild Lights event include:
• The Enchanted Trail, sponsored by Kroger, that allows guests to stroll through an immersive forest scape
• Toyland, sponsored by Michigan First Credit Union, an immersive installation featuring lighted sculptures of larger-than-life toys
• An underwater-themed trail that transports guests to the depths of the sea and includes a new, interactive digital wall
• The Wild Lights Lodge, a space to warm up and enjoy festive décor and drinks
• Three walk-through light tunnels that serve as perfect photo opportunities
• Seasonal treats, such as smores, hot cocoa and warm pretzels
• And so much more!
Wild Lights spans 32 exciting evenings from Nov. 24 to Jan. 7.
Hours on most Fridays and Saturdays are 5 to 10:30 p.m. and 5 to 9 p.m. on select weeknights and Sundays.
Tickets are on sale now, with general admission packages ranging from $17 to $26, based on the time and day of visit. Guests can take their visit to the next level by purchasing one of four additional ticket packages, including the Total Experience Package, which includes food, unlimited hot cocoa, a carousel ride, a film screening inside the Zoo’s 4D Theater and access to the Polar Patio, sponsored by KeyBank. Visit dzoo.org/wildlights for more information or to purchase tickets.
Wild Lights is presented by Strategic Staffing Solutions. This event is also sponsored by Burns & Wilcox, Kroger, Michigan First Credit Union, Suburban Subaru of Troy, KeyBank, DTE, Buddy’s Pizza, Doetsch Environmental Services, Lincoln of Troy, IBEW Local 58, Genisys Credit Union, Gray’s Outdoor Services, Hagopian, National Flag Football and Aqua Tots.