New Humble Bundle Ebook Deals from Make
Pay what you want for best-selling Maker Faire books and access digital debuts with a new ebook bundle from Make: and Humble Bundle. Running Sept. 28-Oct. 12, this bundle combines brand new digital releases with favorite books that regularly sell out at Make:’s flagship Maker Faires. Even if you can’t attend World Maker Faire New York this Oct. 1-2, you can still grab great savings on the books that Faire-goers love! What’s more, you’ll name your price for the freshest digital books.
Valued at $330 and available through Humble Bundle Sept. 28-Oct. 12 only, this terrific bundle comes to readers at any price they choose to pay while supporting charity. As always, Make: and Humble Bundle combos benefit the Maker Ed nonprofit. As a sweet bonus, everyone who buys a bundle at the average price or above gets $10 off print and $5 off digital subscriptions to Make: magazine.
This new bundle highlights the hands-on learning that enthusiastic crowds take home with them after visiting a Maker Faire. It also offers everyone a chance to get a sneak peek at brand new books just as they’re hitting bookstore shelves.
“Getting Started with CNC is one of our most hotly anticipated titles of the year,” said Make: book publisher Roger Stewart. “This is just one of the exciting new books publishing in time for World Maker Faire. Kathy Ceceri’s hack-your-food project book Edible Inventions reinvents Making in the kitchen, and John Keefe’s Family Projects with Smart Objects is the perfect way to get your kids comfortable with the coming Internet of Things revolution that will change the rest of their lives.”
With this special Make: bundle, customers who pay $1 or more receive:
• Make: Paper Inventions: “Geek Mom” Kathy Ceceri’s project-based book has full color illustrations, step-by-step instructions, supply lists, and templates that allow you to follow along with the book or devise something entirely new.
• Best of Make: Vol. 2: Browse among 65 projects and skill builders from the pages of Make: magazine!
• Make: Design for 3D Printing: From France’s LeFab Shop, learn the techniques to turn a product idea into a 3D model.
• Make: Magazine, vol. 42: “3D Printer Buyer’s Guide.”
• Make: 3D Printing: The essential book for choosing the kind of printer you need.
• Zero to Maker: Follow Open ROV co-founder David Lang’s journey from unskilled office worker to skilled Maker, and the business he helped to build along the way.
• Make: Magazine, vol. 44: “Fun with Drones!”
• Making Simple Robots: Kathy Ceceri uses deceptively simple techniques to help you create increasingly sophisticated robots.
• DIY Comms and Control for Amateur Space: Learn to control your satellite in near space.
Customers who pay $8 or more will also receive:
• Make: The Annotated Build-It-Yourself Science Laboratory: The ultimate Science Fair guide from Evil Mad Science Lab’s Windell Oskay is an update of a classic ’60s text.
• The Makerspace Workbench: Everything you need to know to get your makerspace up and running, from Scotch tape to 3D printing.
• Make: Magazine, vol. 41: “Best Toys for Makers.”
• Getting Started with Processing, 2nd edition: Written by the co-founders of the Processing project, this book shows you how easy it is to make software and systems with interactive graphics.
• Make: Getting Started with Arduino, 3rd edition: From obtaining the required components to putting the final touches on your project, all the information you need is here!
• Make: Magazine, vol. 47: “The Space Issue.”
• Buy at this level and receive $10 off print and $5 off digital subscriptions to Make: magazine!
Customers who pay $15 or more will receive all of the above, plus:
• Tinkering, 2nd edition: Messing around makes Makers. This best-selling book has plenty of ideas to help you let your kids make a big, educational mess.
• Getting Started with Sensors: Our best-selling microcontroller book gets you started making right away.
• Edible Inventions: Brand new from Kathy Ceceri and featuring recipes, builds, and mods that will help you hack your food!
• Make: Getting Started with CNC: The definitive introduction to working with affordable desktop and benchtop CNCs, written by the creator of the popular open hardware Shapeoko.
• Make It Glow: LED projects for the whole family!
• Family Projects for Smart Objects: Learn the basics of building sensors and communicating objects through a series of practical, demonstrative, and fun activities.
• Getting Started with Raspberry Pi, 3rd edition: The newest, most updated version of this perennial bestseller. Get started with your Raspberry Pi today!
On Wednesday, Oct. 5, look for two new special titles to join the bundle! Be sure to log on and see what they are.
As always, Make: is glad to share proceeds from this Bundle with Maker Ed, which helps to ensure that there are more opportunities for young people to learn and grow through Making. To date, this partnership has netted over $197,000 for Maker Ed, helping to support its mandate to help grow new Makers.
“Maker Ed is thrilled to once again partner with Humble Bundle and Make: as a featured organization for this one-of-a-kind Humble Book bundle,” said Maker Ed executive director Trey Lathe. “This deeply valued partnership, now starting its third year, allows us to provide resources and guidance to even more educators looking to incorporate making in their classrooms. We look forward to continuing this partnership, and encouraging more engaging and inclusive learning experiences, for many years to come!”
This bundle launches just before the seventh annual World Maker Faire New York, held on the World Fairgrounds that surround the New York Hall of Science. We salute this flagship Maker Faire as well as the nearly 200 licensed Mini Maker Faires held around the world by focusing this bundle in part upon those books that sell out at the Faires.
“Highlighting popular books from Maker Faire just makes sense,” says Maker Faire co-founder Sherry Huss. “Our Faire audience, like our magazine subscribers and our online readers, are a savvy group of educated Makers who love to learn and love to share their knowledge with their kids and each other. Plus, it’s exciting to be able to offer so many new books to these Makers.”
The Humble Bundle Make: Faire Faves/Digital Debut bundle runs Wednesday, Sept. 28, at 11amPST through Wednesday, Oct. 12, at 10:59amPST. Learn more: https://www.humblebundle.com/books/make-fan-favs-and-digital-debuts
Be sure to sign up for Make:’s free new Education newsletter and stay in the loop on the important strides being made in STEM and STEAM issues in the classroom. Sign up here: http://makezine.com/join
About MAKER MEDIA
Maker Media seeks to create positive change in the world by inspiring and empowering everyone to become a Maker. Through our signature brand, Maker Faire, we have the largest event network that engages Makers around the world and under our Make: publishing brand, we produce Make: magazine, the how-to “bible” of the Maker movement along with websites, books and kits. Founded in 2005, and headquartered in San Francisco, Maker Media caters to a universe of more than 25 million Makers across its properties.
About MAKER ED
Maker Ed is a nonprofit organization that provides educators with the training, resources, and community of support they need to facilitate engaging learning experiences with youth through maker education—a hands-on, youth-driven, and open-ended learning approach. Through this work, Maker Ed plays a national leadership role in both broadening access to and deepening the impact of maker education for youth. For more information about Maker Ed, visit MakerEd.org.
About HUMBLE BUNDLE
Humble Bundle sells digital content through its pay-what-you-want bundle promotions and the Humble Store. When purchasing a bundle, customers choose how much they want to pay and decide where their money goes—between the content creators, charity, and Humble Bundle. Since the company’s launch in 2010, Humble Bundle has raised more than $74 million through the support of its community for a wide range of charities, providing aid for people across the world. For more information, please visit https://www.humblebundle.com