Healthy #CincodeMayo: Easy Crunchy Taco Cups
Grace Derocha, registered dietitian, certified diabetes educator, and certified health coach at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, has prepared a healthier take on tacos, perfect for celebrating Cinco de Mayo!
Healthy Cinco de Mayo: Easy Crunchy Taco Cups
- ~24 Won Ton wrappers
- ½ lb. 99% lean ground turkey
- ½ lb. 93%-96% lean ground beef
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning (substitute gluten-free seasoning if preferred)
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 cup light plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- Light plain Greek yogurt and guacamole for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°. Generously spray and line muffin tins with one or two Won ton wrapper. For extra crunchy cup use two Won ton wrappers for your cup.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the onions, turkey and beef for 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and seasonings and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and fold in the plain Greek yogurt and salsa. Scoop two tablespoons of the mixture into each Won Ton cup. Place in oven for about 6-8 minutes. Remove and sprinkle cheese on top of each cup and place back in the oven for about 5 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately topped with your favorite taco toppings, such as, lettuce, salsa, sour cream and guacamole. Enjoy!
Find more healthy living tips at ahealthiermichigan.org.
More About Grace:
Grace Derocha is a registered dietitian, certified diabetes educator, and certified health coach. She loves helping others learn how to live a healthier and happier lifestyle. Grace was born and raised in Michigan. She is a wife, mommy, Spartan, and avid Detroit sports fan. She loves food, music, dancing, shopping, reading, and smiling.
*Recipe and photos courtesy of ahealthiermichigan.org