I received tickets for my family from LEGOLAND® Discovery Center in exchange for this review and giveaway. Any opinions expressed here are honest and my own.
Have you visited LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Michigan in Auburn Hills? I received the opportunity of visiting it with my girls for homeschool week. As a homeschool mom of 3 (well, my 15 year-old sat this one out), it was quite the experience and we loved every minute!
When arriving, they took our pictures with fun props and a green screen. It was LEGO® excitement behind us after viewing the pictures. You get to purchase your pictures in specific packages offered. While we didn’t purchase ours, it was a blast viewing them when completed. After we finished up with that experience, we headed into a “control” room with giant screens where families get to create virtual LEGO® characters. It was so much fun interacting. Since we got a head start and were the only ones in the room, my 12 and 9-year-olds had a blast running to each control and making a character for each. They wanted to see how many they could fit in in a short amount of time.
Our next adventure was the Kingdom Quest laser ride. This is a fun interactive ride for the whole family. You hop aboard a fun chariot to rescue a princess. You get to battle and zap the “beastley trolls and sneaky skeletons” lurking behind every turn. You can help save the princess by zapping them all! This ride is designed for ages 4+. This was one of our favorites!
After rescuing the princess we enjoyed viewing Miniland! It was so amazing and awesome seeing the city of Detroit in a miniature model made from millions of LEGO®bricks. It was so fun identifying each building. I loved that they honored the late Aretha Franklin with a photo of out LEGOS® playing motown music. It was pretty cool to watch the vehicles moving around the city as well.
Once inside the main area there is a lot to explore and create. My girls thorougly enjoyed the ride Merlin’s Apprentice! They rode this a couple of times. The faster you peddle, the higher you go. So fun!
Here are a few other fun things we experienced:
- Underwater Quest-Explore a seaweed jungle and complete the sea start.
- Build & Test-Build your very own LEGO® car and send it down the race tracks as you challenge each other. This ended up being hilarious as the girls cars basically flew apart at the end of the ramp. 😉
- LEGO® Friends was an exciting experience as my girls have quite a few of their sets.
- LEGO® 4D Cinema-We watched “Lego Ninjago 4D Movie.” Not only do you get the 3D experience the 4D adds elements such as wind, water (yes you do get a little wet), and now. This movie may not be suitable for little ones and babies due to bright flashes and loud sounds.
- The children’s play area is huge and fun to let the kiddies unwind for a bit.
- The cafe is great. They offer food, beverages, and treats to enjoy. There is also a store and a fun little relaxing room for parents to hang out and enjoy. Oh and guess what? FREE Wi-Fi. Definite plus, right? Great for sharing your adventures through live videos, pictures, etc.
During our visit, the homeschoolers assembled into a fun workshop room where we experienced “Lights, Camera, Action.” Basically, each student received a worksheet titled “movie script”. They were to fill it out and then build the scene with Legos and then act them out. There was a fun backdrop for their creations and a place to put your phone and film your movie. So creative and fun. The girls movie creation was “Undercover Chefs” staring Marvin Super, Susie Sushi, and Mr. Rotten Egg. We have an awesome video, but the video editor is having a hard time uploading. Hopefully when that gets straightened out I can post the video here. =)
In honor of our visit, LEGO®Discovery Center Michigan is giving away 4 tickets to one of our family readers. One winner (family) will be randomly selected and I will mail your tickets directly to you. Before entering this giveaway, please read the full terms and conditions below. Thanks and good luck!
LEGO®Discovery Center Michigan Ticket Giveaway Terms and Conditions
Must be 18+ to enter and reside in Michigan (USA). If you are out of state and would like to visit, you can still enter but have to ensure that you are going to use the tickets by a specific time. After a winner has been randomly selected by Rafflecopter, the winner will be notified via email where we will request shipping details. If the winner has not responded after 48 hours, another winner will be randomly selected and so forth. The ticket prize is valued at $94 (Walk up price), or ($76 online price). Michigan MamaNews is not responsible for lost or damaged tickets after shipping to specified address. Tickets expire 9/11/19 Thank you for entering our giveaway!
Enter giveaway at link below. Happy entering!
*Logo courtesy of LEGOLAND® Discovery Center