MOMMY MD EXPERT DR. JENNIFER GARDNER SAYS MANY NEW PARENTS ARE NOT PREPARED FOR THE CHALLENGES THAT LIE AHEAD, INCLUDING SAFETY CONCERNS, DESPITE ACCESS TO MORE REOURCES THAN PREVIOUS GENERATIONS.
With countless baby books, parenting classes, blogs and social media postings, today’s new moms are inundated with advice from experts: “Breast is best;” “let baby cry to get them to sleep;” “never let them sleep with a binkie.” Often conflicting, new moms have to trod carefully around well-meaning relatives and make decisions that are right for their family.
Yet despite all the available information, a new survey finds that many new moms did not feel prepared for their role, especially when it came to feeding baby.
Join me in a recent interview with Dr. Jennifer Gardner as she tackles the challenges facing new moms and gives tips on what it takes to master the art of parenting and keeping baby safe. Dr. Gardner will also discuss:
- Why it is important to remember there is not one perfect formula for raising healthy kids.
- What should new moms know to feel prepared when they leave the hospital with their newborn.
- Common infant formula safety myths and what moms can do to ensure baby’s safety.
- Why it’s so important to do your research before baby comes and not only know your options for feeding, but accept that not everything is going to be perfect and easy.
- As an expert on weight management for kids, how she manages feeding concerns.
- The single most valuable parenting tip she shares with new moms.
Check out the complete interview HERE:
For more information, go to www.storebrandformula.com.
More about Dr. Gardner
Jennifer Gardner, MD is a mom of three-year-old son, a pediatrician, and the founder of an online child wellness and weight management company, HealthyKidsCompany.com in Washington, DC
Sponsored by: Perrigo Nutrition, the makers of store brand infant formula.
*Bio photo and infographic courtesy of Perrigo Nutrition