NBC Sports Launches #OneHomeTeam Campaign
“#OneHomeTeam Will Spotlight the Ways We Are All Filling the Live Sports Void from Home New Content Will Be Featured Each Week NBC Sports Commentators, Athletes, and Fans to Share Their Stories As #OneHomeTeam.”
NBC Sports will launch a new multi-platform campaign #OneHomeTeam, which will spotlight the ways the sports community, fans, athletes and commentators alike, are filling the void left by the pause on live sporting events.
By aggregating digital and social media content, as well as creating new content, NBC Sports will highlight everything from the at-home fitness routines of professional athletes to the amateur broadcaster calling a race in his or her backyard to an NBC Sports commentator’s own unique spin on the event of the day.
#OneHomeTeam not only brings together these various sources of sports-specific content under one hashtag but also surfaces new challenges and opportunities for fans to engage in ways they’ve yet to see.
“We miss live sports just as much as everyone else, but our hope with this platform is to keep people connected to the world of sports on a daily basis, inspiring at-home activities and staying connected to the athletes and broadcasters,” says Lyndsay Signor, VP, Consumer Engagement, NBC Sports. “Through the #OneHomeTeam initiative, we want fans to know we are in this together and will still cheer, laugh, and be inspired by the athletes and sports we love.”
Each week a series of new, engaging, and informative content, will be showcased across television, digital, and social. Fans can expect everything from Scavenger Hunt Saturdays asking them to dig up their first live sporting event ticket that could be showcased on Lunch Talk Live with Mike Tirico to having an NBC Sports commentators surprise their digital viewing party during a replay of their favorite broadcast.
Examples of the content fans can expect weekly across NBC Sports’ many platforms:
- Monday: Motivational quotes and moments, fans vote on Best of #OneHomeTeam from the weekend
- Tuesday: Tasty Tuesday features best recipes, stadium food, call for best at-home content across the internet
- Wednesday: At home workouts from NBC Sports commentators and athletes, and an iRacing spotlight
- Thursday: Throwback stories and play-by-play of fan content from various NBC Sports commentators,
- Friday: #OneHomeTeam “Best Of” compilation, NBC Sports Pub Trivia
- Saturday: Sports Scavenger Hunts, Breakfast with Becks (WHAT/WHO IS BECKS?)
- Sunday: Sports Sunday Debates, Instagram Takeovers
*Logo courtesy of NBC Sports