Six Smart Ways To Feel More Confident
This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure here.
If there is one thing that we are all guilty of lacking sometimes it’s confidence. When we’re confident, we can make better, more proactive decisions and we can be more productive in our day-to-day activities. We feel good about ourselves and we can act stronger and stand taller. You can think clearly without doubting yourself and you can develop and maintain excellent relationships with other people. It’s so important that you can be as confident as possible, and it means different things to different people.
Confidence is a belief that you hold about yourself, and whether you need a Ph.D. to feel confident about your intelligence or a set of Clear Braces to feel confident about your smile, you should do whatever it will take to change your own life. You may think that you are naturally confident, but if you feel like your confidence levels could use a boost, why not take a look at the six tips we have for you below? These will tell you in detail the ways that you can build your confidence right up!
- Learn patience. Life will throw you curveballs from time to time, and this uncertainty can make you anxious. This anxiety leaves you feeling less than confident about your future. You are naturally programmed to see new things as a threat, but that doesn’t mean that they are! Fight or flight is a reaction, and if you can learn to stay calm and patient through each of these curveballs, you’re going to feel more confident in your ability to feel secure.
- Work on feeling accomplished. When you are at the end of each day, you deserve to feel accomplished about what you have done throughout the day. Think about everything that went well and things that didn’t. When you adjust your daily expectations to include how you want to feel at the end of the day, you should be feeling accomplished every single day. The kinder you are with your own goals, the better you feel and the more your confidence grows.
- Sink that inner critic. That voice in your head telling you that you can’t do something is loud, we know. But it’s time to stop listening to it. You can do anything you put your mind to – you just have to believe it.
- Power pose every day. Before you start your list of things to do in the day, stand with your hands on your hips like a superhero. Is it silly? Perhaps. But standing in a pose with confidence in yourself once every morning will make you feel like you can achieve everything that you put your mind to. There is actual research to show that this works! Power posing helps you to feel more confident, and that’s all you can ask for.
- Visualize the positive. It’s very easy for the mind to jump ten steps from where you are right now, but you need to start putting yourself in the present for a change. Sometimes, this means visualizing the positive things that are going on and turning them into your reality. Through much prayer, this can also be achieved.
- Gain support. If you want to be confident and a success, you need to get some support around you to help you out. You deserve support – you should build a good support system around you!
*This article is based on personal suggestions and/or experiences and is for informational purposes only. This should not be used as professional advice. Please consult a professional where applicable.