Homemade Chicken Nuggets – Only Two Ingredients!
We’re all guilty of spending too much time on the internet, getting lost in the reels of videos that continually play one-after-another and hook us in. One minute, we’re looking up a recipe for twice-baked potatoes, and the next thing we know, we’re watching a compilation of the cutest baby animals ever!! Well, that’s exactly how I discovered this super easy, two-ingredient chicken nugget recipe – no flour, no oil, no breadcrumbs. Just two ingredients: cheese and canned chicken; oh, and an air fryer! (I have an air fryer oven.)
I actually watched the 20-second video a few times because I thought I was missing something. How does one make chicken nuggets this easy and I’ve never learned of this before?! It seemed insane. This should be a recipe that is shared with every mother once they have a small child and nuggets (and cheese) become a regular go-to. So stay in disbelief until you try it yourself. You are going to be pleasantly surprised (this is also a perfect snack if you are doing a low-carb diet). Plus, it’s so easy that you can modify it with seasonings and additional ingredients, like minced onion or diced pickles, and it’s still a quick prep time (I did half with cheddar cheese and half with mozzarella cheese). Serve with a side of ketchup, ranch, or buffalo sauce!
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Canned Chicken (10 oz Can)
- Line an air fryer tray with parchment paper and spray lightly with oil.
- Place the shredded cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until the cheese is melted, about 15-20 seconds.
- Fold in the canned chicken. It will seem like it’s not going to work, but just keep folding the chicken into the cheese. If you need to soften the cheese again, microwave the mixture for 5 seconds, then keep folding.
- Once the mixture is even, roll it into small balls and place each one onto an air fryer tray.
- Using your fingers or the bottom of a drinking glass, gently press down to form a nugget shape. They should look like the picture below:
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Flip, and air fry another 5 minutes. Depending on your appliance, you may need to flip one more time.
- Remove from the air fryer. Keep in mind that they will be very soft, but will harden as they cool.
- Serve with a favorite sauce.
Cheddar Chicken Nuggets
Mozzarella Chicken Nuggets
One thought on “Homemade Chicken Nuggets – Only Two Ingredients!”