Network signs exclusive deals with Sleep Tight Media, What If World, and Tumble Science Podcast for Kids.
Airwave Media, the leading edutainment podcast network, announces a major expansion into the Kids & Family category with the acquisition of popular children’s podcasts What If World, Tumble Science Podcast for Kids, Sleep Tight Stories, Sleep Tight Relax, and Sleep Tight Science.
From history and science to arts and wellness, Airwave has quickly built a reputation as the go-to network for fun, smart podcasts for the “constantly curious” listener. Airwave is excited to expand that brand into children’s programming with the first shows and plans to grow Airwave Kids with additional deals and original content in 2023.
“Content for kids is a natural fit for Airwave,” says Ben Mathis, Head of Content for Airwave. “We believe in the power of podcasts to make us better, smarter human beings, and that starts when listeners are young. Parents who listen to our podcasts that educate and inspire want the same things for their children.”
“Airwave is home to my first favorite podcast, ‘Good Job, Brain!’, a trivia show that perfectly captures Airwave’s fun & enriching brand.” says What If World’s Eric O’Keeffe. “We’re grateful that our new friends will help us keep the show growing and help us team up with some of the best kid-casts out there!”
Tumble host Lindsay Patterson says, “We are excited to partner with Airwave to keep pioneering the future of children’s podcasts.” Sheryl McLeod, the host of Sleep Tight Stories, adds, “We can’t wait to partner with Airwave Media to help bring a happily ever after to more families’ bedtime routines.”
Mathis expanded on the strategy for Airwave Kids, saying, “These five shows account for 2.6 million downloads per month, respectable numbers for any podcast, and yet the podcast industry as a whole has had a hard time figuring out what to do with programming for young people. We at Airwave are willing to bet that a fresh, flexible, and creative approach to how kids’ shows are marketed and monetized will unlock the full potential of children’s podcasting.”
The first five podcasts to join Airwave Kids include:
- What If World – Pirates, fairies, wizards, and explorers band together with a growing cast of characters to help Mr. Eric tell wacky stories inspired by kids’ questions. What If World’s progressive stories and satires aim to keep kids laughing and learning well into adulthood. What If World is created, produced, and hosted by Eric O’Keeffe and Karen Marshall O’Keeffe.
- Tumble Science Podcast for Kids – Tumble is a science podcast for kids to be enjoyed by the entire family. We tell stories about scientific discoveries with the help of scientists! Join Lindsay and Marshall as they ask questions, uncover mysteries, and share what science is all about. Tumble is hosted by Lindsay Patterson and created and produced by Patterson, Marshall Escamilla, and Sara Robberson Lentz.
- Sleep Tight Stories – Sleep Tight Stories produces two calming bedtime stories every week. Stories that promote wonder and creativity and fire young listeners’ imaginations while helping them drift off to sleep with ease. They are just the perfect length, are safe for kids of all ages, and feature originals and classics that never grow old. Sleep Tight Stories is created, produced, and hosted by Sheryl and Clark McLeod.
- Sleep Tight Relax – Sleep Tight Relax is a bedtime show for the young and young at heart. We help you and your children prepare to drift calmly off to sleep every week by listening to our mix of dream-inducing bedtime stories, relaxation techniques, calming nature sounds, and soothing music. Sleep Tight Relax is created, produced, and hosted by Sheryl and Clark McLeod.
- Sleep Tight Science – Sleep Tight Science is an engaging bedtime show for the whole family that answers the questions kids have about science. Each episode explores a fascinating topic in science and technology, from the mysteries of outer space to the wonders of the human body. Sleep Tight Science is created, produced, and hosted by Sheryl and Clark McLeod.
Airwave is home to 70 popular podcasts, including Big Picture Science, Good Job Brain, The History of Everything, Investing for Beginners, Sleepy, The Explorer’s Podcast, The Purpose Show, The Movies That Made Me, Ben Franklin’s World, Wake Me Up, History of the Second World War, The Team House, Redacted History, Who Arted?, Ancient History Fangirl, Settle the Stars, A Mindful Moment, Queens Podcast, Earn & Invest, My History Can Beat Up Your Politics, Small Things Often, The History of Egypt, Unbiased Science, The Constant, History Tea Time, and Pulse of the Planet. Find a complete listing of all programs available on Airwave at www.airwavemedia.com.
Airwave is a curated podcast network that believes learning and entertainment go hand in hand. Airwave empowers select podcast creators to do their best work, grow an audience, and increase revenue. Airwave’s programs are available for free across all major platforms, including Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, and more.
Visit www.airwavemedia.com for more information.
*Logo courtesy of Airwave Media