Are you looking for a fun yet unique recipe for your family gathering this Memorial Day weekend? I came across something that I would love to try and wanted to share it with you.
Chicken Salad Caprese
Here are the ingredients needed to make a stellar chicken salad:
- 2 Cups of Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Pound of Fresh Mozzarella Cheese (Cute in cubes)
- 2 Cup of Grape Tomatoes (Cut into halves)
- 14 oz. of water-packed artichoke hearts (Be sure to rinse and drain)
- 1/2 a Cup of Pitted Greek Olives (Cut into thin slices)
- 4 tsp. of Dried Basil
- 1/4 cup (s) of Olive Oil
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. of Coarsely Ground Pepper
- 2 French Bread Baguettes
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Small Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
My mouth is watering as I type all of the ingredients, haha. Please note that these recipes and ingredients can be seen on www.samsclub.com
Now the fun part. Putting the recipe all together:
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Next, combine oil, salt, and pepper. Lightly drizzle over chicken mixture. Toss thoroughly so that it evenly coats. Use a whisk to combine the ingredients.
- Cut the baguettes into 1/2 inch slices. You will want to place on baking sheets in oven at 425 degrees. Do this for about 4 minutes or until the bread is lightly browned.
- Cut the garlic (in half lengthwise) and rub all over the bread. Cut tomatoes (into quarters) and rub on bread. Brush the bread with oil and then sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for up to 3 minutes longer and serve with the salad.
Yum!! Since I will be going away this weekend, I will not get to try this right away. It’s definitely on my list of recipes to try in the summer days ahead. Can’t wait!
Have you ever made Chicken Salad Caprese? Please feel free to share any ideas with us to make this a terrific salad.
Categories: recipe exchange