“I’m Expecting” Mobile Pregnancy App Used by 40% of Expectant Mothers in U.S.
This just in……
Physicians Interactive (PI), the leading provider of insight-driven, digital engagement solutions for healthcare professionals and consumers, announced that its free I’m Expecting pregnancy app by PI’s consumer division MedHelp touches forty percent of all U.S. pregnancies.
The I’m Expecting app, which is available on iOS as well as Android platforms, was used as a companion during nearly 1.6 million pregnancies in the U.S. last year, out of approximately 4 million annual births in the U.S.
Contributing to its success is I’m Expecting’s focus on actionable insights that empower women and guide them toward a healthy pregnancy. Women can track and share a range of health data within the app, including their weight and pregnancy symptoms, and compare that data to health guidelines or other women in their same week of pregnancy to see what’s normal and what’s not. I’m Expecting also provides detailed tips on how to find symptom relief.
“We are excited that expectant mothers throughout the U.S. continue to see the value of tracking their pregnancy with I’m Expecting,” said John de Souza, President of the Consumer Division of Physicians Interactive. “As one of the largest and most trusted online healthcare destinations, MedHelp’s goal is to offer mothers the most comprehensive support tools they need as they progress through their pregnancies. Our symptoms engine is a powerful example of that. For instance, I’m Expecting’s symptoms engine shows that 62% of women in week 13 experience nausea. This can be a very reassuring insight to a first-time mother.”
I’m Expecting guides women through their 40 weeks of pregnancy with daily pregnancy content, videos and other helpful resources. In addition, the app connects to MedHelp’s active pregnancy communities where thousands of pregnancy questions are answered every hour by other moms-to-be, providing a seamless way for expectant parents to seek support and advice.
“With I’m Expecting, we can connect brand marketers and strategic sponsors with a highly engaged audience of expectant moms who are leveraging our solutions to connect with others like themselves and manage the emotional and physical changes they are going through,” said Patrick Aysseh, General Manager of Tomorrow Networks, the mobile media division of Physicians Interactive. “What keeps our users coming back day after day throughout their pregnancy is the trust and value they find in the information they receive.”
MedHelp is currently ranked as the sixth most visited health website by Hitwise, with 15 million monthly unique visitors to its dozens of communities, which focus on diabetes, heart disease, mental health and general health, in addition to its pregnancy communities.
DAILY & WEEKLY PREGNANCY INFORMATION FOR MOTHERS:
* Learn what’s happening to your body
* Learn what’s happening to your baby
* View weekly pregnancy video
* View weekly fetal development video
* Read detailed guides to relieve your pregnancy symptoms. Get tips on how to alleviate the most common pregnancy symptoms, including nausea, fatigue, leg cramps, cravings, and more.
* Ensure you are on track with our To do list item for each week
* Read unique pregnancy article with expert insight and advice on your pregnancy and health.
* View pregnancy tips
* See the latest post in our active pregnancy communities
* Better understand top symptoms for the week
* Get reminders and notifications
* Be aware with our Weight tracking guide
* Record baby bump photos in our Baby Bump Photo Diary. Take photos of your tummy each week and watch your baby bump grow
* Beautiful and ultra cute baby photo background. Who doesn’t love photos of cute infants and precious moments?
* Photos automatically update for you each week to relish in cute overload
* Hundreds of pregnancy questions answered every hour
* Get support and motivation from others pregnant moms just like you
* Access to your information online from any computer
* Access your health information from our other health apps and health tools
* Add information online and have it automatically sync to your iPhone
* Print out all your data, including pregnancy weight gain and symptom charts, from medhelp.org — great for doctor appointments.
About Physicians Interactive
Physicians Interactive has the largest global, digital health platform that engages and empowers consumers and healthcare professionals with instant access to content, solutions and data to improve health outcomes. The company provides payers, retailers and life sciences companies with sophisticated digital engagement solutions to reach, message, educate and change behaviors. Visit www.physiciansinteractive.com for more information.