How to Throw an Awesome Home-Based Spring Party
Courtesy of Redbox
If you’re looking for a fun and easy way to pass the hours, consider throwing a themed spring movie party from home.
Here are some ideas for decorations, attire, and activities you could incorporate.
The most important thing on this front is COLOR. After the dreariness of winter, pops of color are just what everyone needs as a pick-me-up. Consider:
- Small beach buckets and pails as bowls for snacks, or put different colors pails and shovels around as decorations
- Beach towels as spots to sit on the floor, or drape them over chairs
- Beach balls — everywhere!
- Blow-up palm trees, flamingoes and other pool toys scattered around the party area
- Seashells big and small as accent decorations
- Brightly colored balloons
- Mini umbrellas on tables and in drinks
- A big drink cooler to house drinks (duh) or games, OR fill it with beach toys or balloons and let it serve as a mood-setting decoration
It’s all about casual comfort.
- Beach cover-ups
- Shorts and tees
Activities and games
After being cooped up inside for months, it’s all about getting everyone moving, ideally in the fresh air.
- Blow bubbles
- Hold a nature-based scavenger hunt
- Play “human ring toss” wear you attempt to throw inflatable pool rings over various family members (the shorter the person, the easier it is)
- Do a Frisbee toss onto a large handmade tic tac toe board, or do a Frisbee toss into a slit you cut out of a large box (the latter is the easier version)
- Go to a local museum or sculpture garden
- Draw with chalk on the sidewalk
- Play cornhole
- Watch kid-friendly vacation-themed movies like Alpha and Omega: Family Vacation, Norm of the North: Family Vacation,Shopkins: World Vacation,Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation, or Hotel Transylvania 3
4 Picks for Family Movie Night
Movies for Girl’s Night In