Stay-At-Home Recipes That Will Make You Forget You’re In Quarantine
Being stuck indoors is never fun, but being asked to do it for weeks on end is enough to make you feel crazy.
Fortunately, you can push the rest of the world out of your mind and forget all about quarantine with some delicious, home-served food.
Here are some stay-at-home recipes for your indulgence. Enjoy!
Cheesy Bell Pepper And Herb Quiche
Cheesy bell pepper and herb quiche is similar to quiche lorraine but with some extra veggies thrown in there for good measure.
The method is surprisingly simple. For the quiche, you’ll need:
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pre-prepared refrigerated rolled pie crust
- 1 large onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 4 oz grated cheddar
- ½ c. sour cream
- ¾ c. whole milk
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ c. freshly-chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Here are the directions:
- First, preheat your oven to 425 F. Put the pie crust into a 9-inch standard-size baking tin and fold over the edges of the dough as you normally would. Then prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. Place on a baking sheet and then bake the crust until it is slightly golden.
- While the crust is in the oven, heat the oil in the pan and then add the onions and cook for five minutes. Then add the pepper and garlic and cook for another three or four minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the sour cream, milk, eggs, and nutmeg. Then add around ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper, along with the parsley and cheddar.
- Pour the onion, garlic, and bell pepper over the crusty base and then add the egg mixture on top. Then place in the oven until baked. Leave to rest for five minutes before serving.
Pepper Quiche Cups
Pepper quiche cups are a bona fide crustless quiche for those of you on a health kick. What’s more, making it is surprisingly easy.
For the ingredients, you will need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 3 oz grated mature cheddar
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of baby broccoli florets
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large bell peppers
- 6 ¾ oz whole milk
The instructions for this recipe are incredibly simple:
- Heat the oven to 400 F. Then pour the oil into a baking dish large enough for two peppers. Split the peppers clean in two, removing the seeds in the core, and place them on their backs in the tray atop the oil.
- Stuff them with the broccoli florets, cherry tomatoes.
- Next, make the quiche mix. For this, you’ll need to mix the milk, eggs, mature cheddar, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Now take the mix and pour it into peppers, filling the remaining cavities not occupied by the other ingredients.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and cook at 400 F for 20 to 25 minutes. Leave the crustless quick to stand for at least ten minutes before serving.
The skin of the quiche should have turned a delightful golden brown. Serve with a side salad or whatever else you have in the pantry.