Top 5 Summer Activities You Can Do as a Family
Here are my top 5 picks for summer activities you can do as a family:
1. Nature walks
Michigan has endless opportunities to explore the outdoors. You can start with something as small as walking your neighborhood with buckets to collect fun findings from your walk. Check out your local state park or recreation area for some wonderful walking trails. If you are looking to take your adventures to the next level download the app ‘AllTrails’ to search walking trails near you. I couldn’t believe all the hidden treasures we found!
2. Search Facebook for virtual educational events:
Howell Nature Center Presents: All About Owls
When: Wednesday, July, 22nd at 2 PM
A specialized program looking at these famous nocturnal birds of prey and the similarities and differences they share. Look closely at some of the owl species found in Michigan. Register at https://www.thegdl.org/allaboutowls to receive a link to the show on the day of the event!
3. Drive-In Movie
Canterbury Village Drive-In Movie- 2325 Joslyn Rd. Lake Orion, MI 48360
Tickets MUST be purchased in advance and online only. You can purchase tickets by clicking here. The cost of each movie is ($20 for vehicles with 1-4 people, $25 for 1-5 people, and $30 for 1-6 people) and you can hear the movies through your car radio. Movies are bright LED light that can be seen even in sunlight conditions.
Ford Drive-In- 10400 Ford Rd. Dearborn, MI 48126
See website forddrivein.com for ticket prices and showings.
4. Berry Picking
Spicers Orchards- 10411 Clyde Rd. Fenton, MI 48430
- Now offering light picking of blueberries raspberries.
- Peaches will be ready approx. July 20th.
- Sunflowers will be ready approx. August 1st.
- The playground and farm animals are open!
Blake’s Orchard- 17985 Armada Center Rd. Armada, MI 48005
- U-Pick open mid-June through early November
- Now picking raspberries, black raspberries, zucchini, and pea pods.
*We suggest calling ahead to check picking conditions as it changes daily!
5. Pack a picnic for a day at the park or splash pad!
- Clintonwood Park/ Splash Pad- 6000 Clarkston Rd, Clarkston, MI 48348
- Heritage Park/ Splash Pad- 24915 Farmington Rd, Farmington Hills, MI 48336
- Indian Springs Metropark/ Splash Pad- 5200 Indian Trail, White Lake, MI 48386
- Flodin Park/ Splash Pad- 43399 Saltz Rd, Canton, MI 48187