Sandbox, rock climbing wall, arts and crafts, outdoor games and more!
WHAT: The City of Royal Oak invites the community to come together for the ‘I Dig Royal Oak’ event to celebrate the upcoming ground breaking for the new police station and city hall.
The family-friendly event will offer activities for elementary aged children including a rock climbing wall, arts and crafts, outdoor games, sandbox discoveries, cooperative play activities and more. There will also be free construction hats for kids. These activities are available thanks to community partners, Toyology Toys and Oakland County Parks.
The public celebration will take place at the Royal Oak Farmers Market East Lot on August 23 from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. Parking will be available at the south and west Farmers Market lots, and in P4 between City Hall and the library. Attendees who arrive before 5 p.m. can park in the city garages for two hours free.
VISUAL: Join them to capture:
- Kids and the community participating in various activities and games
- Mayor Fournier giving remarks in regard to the ground breaking
- Chief of Police, Corrigan O’Donohue welcoming residents to the new police station
- The community coming together to celebrate the downtown development
- Mike Fournier, Royal Oak City Mayor
- Corrigan O’Donohue, Chief of Police
- Arik Klar, Owner, Co-founder and CEO of Toyology Toys
- ROMI, the new Royal Oak City mascot
- Royal Oak residents and visitors
WHEN: 5-8 p.m. Thursday, August 23
About Royal Oak
Royal Oak is a vibrant metro Detroit community home to nearly 60,000 residents located in Oakland County. Destinations within the 12-mile community include The Detroit Zoo, The Royal Oak Music Theatre, William Beaumont Hospital, Mark Ridley’s Comedy Castle and a successful Farmer’s Market among others. The city’s recreational services include more than 50 public parks and was recently named one of the Top 10 Most Exciting Small Cities in America by Movoto and the Best Place to Live in Michigan by AreaVibes. To learn more about Royal Oak, visit https://www.romi.gov.